Nepalese fans of Manchester United F.C.
!!!! Please Join !!!!! Join!!!!!
!!!!!Glory Glory Man United!!!!!
Share, read, post all the news of MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!
RED DEVILS
!!!! Please Join !!!!! Join!!!!!
!!!!!Glory Glory Man United!!!!!
Share, read, post all the news of MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!
RED DEVILS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Run After Glory, We Walk With Glory! We Aren't Proud Of Our Achievement, Achievement Is Our Pride! We Are United.. United For Manchester United... We Are Red Devils!!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolves 2-1 Manchester United
MANCHESTER UTD Vs MANCHESTER CITY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bet & Win Competition Bet & Win Competition COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poll
Who should be regular keeper after VDS retires?
Kuschzack
Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_lcap17%Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Amos
Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_lcap0%Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lindegaard
Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_lcap33%Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Other Siginings(Mention it )
Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_lcap50%Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6
T-Shirt
Di Matteo - I feel for Owen Untitl14
Ads

Di Matteo - I feel for Owen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aj_zone
Admin
Admin
aj_zone

Di Matteo - I feel for Owen Empty
PostSubject: Di Matteo - I feel for Owen   Di Matteo - I feel for Owen I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 am

Roberto Di Matteo has expressed empathy with Owen Hargreaves' injury struggles ahead of West Brom's trip to Manchester United.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed midfielder Hargreaves, who has been plagued by a chronic knee problem for much of the last two years, will not run out against the Baggies on Saturday, despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Albion boss Di Matteo sustained a horrific broken leg while playing for Chelsea in the UEFA Cup in 2001, and after 18 months of failed rehabilitation, was forced to retire at the age of 31.

And the manager says he would hate to see 29-year-old Hargreaves go down the same route.

Hopeful

"Genuinely I hope that he will be able to play football again," said Di Matteo.

"He's been injured for a long time but he's still got the hope to be able to play again.

"You don't want to see anybody ending their career because of injury because a footballer's career is short anyway."

Di Matteo, whose final Premier League match was a 3-3 draw at Old Trafford, insists he has no regrets about bringing down the curtain on his playing career following a tortuous rehabilitation period.

"It's a long story. I had a lot of complications after the triple fracture," he said. "From then on, the nightmare started.

"Every morning I get up and I get reminded by my leg that I've had an injury, but that's life."

The debate over the number of serious injuries picked up by players has raged this season, but Di Matteo feels that long lay-offs sometimes cannot be avoided.Di Matteo - I feel for Owen Bristol-Rovers-v-West-Brom-Roberto-Di-Matteo_2480555
Back to top Go down

Di Matteo - I feel for Owen
Page 1 of 1