Nepalese fans of Manchester United F.C.
!!!! Please Join !!!!! Join!!!!!
!!!!!Glory Glory Man United!!!!!
Share, read, post all the news of MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!
RED DEVILS
!!!! Please Join !!!!! Join!!!!!
!!!!!Glory Glory Man United!!!!!
Share, read, post all the news of MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!
RED DEVILS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Run After Glory, We Walk With Glory! We Aren't Proud Of Our Achievement, Achievement Is Our Pride! We Are United.. United For Manchester United... We Are Red Devils!!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolves 2-1 Manchester United
MANCHESTER UTD Vs MANCHESTER CITY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bet & Win Competition Bet & Win Competition COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poll
Who should be regular keeper after VDS retires?
Kuschzack
Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_lcap17%Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Amos
Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_lcap0%Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lindegaard
Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_lcap33%Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Other Siginings(Mention it )
Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_lcap50%Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6
T-Shirt
Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick Untitl14
Ads

Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aj_zone
Admin
Admin
aj_zone

Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick Empty
PostSubject: Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick   Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:31 am

Dimitar Berbatov scored the first Manchester United hat-trick against Liverpool in 64 years.
Not since Stan Pearson in 1946 has a United player scored three times against their biggest rivals.
But Berbatov's efforts at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon were enough to seal a 3-2 win in an amazing game where, just as they did at Everton last week, the Red Devils threw away a two-goal lead before the Bulgarian headed the winner six minutes from time.
"It was probably my best day in a United shirt," said Berbatov.
"Obviously I am happy. I am going home with a smile on my face.
"But I am nothing special. I am going home to play with my kids."
If Berbatov's third goal proved decisive, it was his second that will live longest in the memory.
Controlling Nani's right-wing cross on his knee with his back to goal, the former Tottenham man let fly with an audacious overhead kick that left Pepe Reina rooted to the spot as it arced in via the underside of the bar.
"I never saw the ball go in the back of the net," he admitted.
"But when I heard the crowd scream it was easy to guess what had happened.
"It was a good goal but as long as the ball hits the back of the net it doesn't matter."
Berbatov's first United hat-trick took his tally for the season to seven, which - considering Wayne Rooney is still struggling to find his top form - is a vital contribution for the Red Devils so far.
For virtually the first time since his club-record £30.75million arrival from White Hart Lane two years ago, the 29-year-old was given a standing ovation by a packed Old Trafford, with Sir Alex Ferguson's praise ringing in his ears as well.
"Someone told me it was the first hat-trick in over 60 years, which tells you something about the achievement," said the United manager.
"I am very pleased with him. His form has been excellent.
"You do not see many overhead kicks like that coming off. It was a fantastic strike that hit the underside of the bar."
There were plenty of critics who felt Berbatov had run out of chances to make an impression at United and would be sold this summer.
Yet Ferguson insists he never thought of taking that option.
"Lots of questions were asked about him last season and he was made something of a whipping boy, to the point where he must have wondered whether he had a future at Old Trafford," said the United boss.
"But the man has real ability and he is a Manchester United kind of player.
"I concede at times he seemed to struggle but if you are satisfied about a player's credentials you must persevere and trust your judgement.
"You must have faith and I think we are being rewarded this season for our confidence in a player who has a touch of genius about him.
"We paid a lot of money for him and we should have understood that for whatever reason players do not always settle quickly after a big transfer, especially at a club of our stature.
"Certainly this is a big season for him that could determine the rest of his career.
"But he has accepted the challenge and responded in a way that has made him one of our major successes so far. And I think there is plenty more to come from the re-energised Dimitar Berbatov this season."
There might have been more to come from Ferguson too if Berbatov had not found the winner after his side followed up wholly unexpected setbacks at Fulham and Everton already this term.
"It was going through my mind that we had thrown away two-goal leads at Fulham and Everton," admitted Berbatov.
"But we have a fighting spirit and proved it again by scoring the winner.
"Let us hope in the future we won't complicate it so much."
Meanwhile Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has dismissed Ferguson's assertion that their defeat is a "catastrophe".
He did accept, however, that any potential bid for a Premier League title was already looking remote.
Berbatov's winner inflicted Liverpool's second defeat of the campaign - their first coming at Manchester City a month ago - and Ferguson believes it is a major blow for their season with the club lingering in 16th place in the Barclays Premier League.
"[People were saying] it would have been a catastrophe for Liverpool if they had lost, and a catastrophe for us if we had - fortunately we won," said Ferguson.
Hodgson admitted that, with Chelsea stretching their advantage at the top of the table, Liverpool's chances of winning the title were already slim but their aim of finishing in the top four remained alive.
"We have had a remarkably hard start to the season," said the Liverpool boss.
"Our performance today was clearly a lot better than our last two Barclays Premier League performances (a 1-0 win over West Brom and a goalless draw at Birmingham).
"We were playing against a top team and we can take a lot of credit from the way we went about our business and got ourselves back into the game.
"To use words like catastrophe is a bit strong unless you are talking about winning the league.
"Of course if Chelsea win today we will be a long way behind them early doors - I suppose you could use the word catastrophe for that.
"But at this early stage of my time working the club I can't be making those judgements.
"Our aim is to get better, to get to the Champions League, and maybe that is where I have got to have my focus."
United seemed to be cruising after Berbatov struck twice, once with a first-half header and then with a clever overhead kick which went in off the crossbar.
However, Steven Gerrard dragged Liverpool back into the game with a penalty, after Fernando Torres was fouled by Jonny Evans, and a free-kick after the Spain striker was controversially pulled back by John O'Shea, who was only booked.
There was an argument the Republic of Ireland defender should have been sent off for denying Torres a goalscoring opportunity but referee Howard Webb was lenient.
Ferguson accused the Liverpool striker of trying to get his player a red card but Hodgson again refused to bite.
"Definitely Fernando Torres made a meal of it. There is no doubt he was trying to get the player sent off," said Ferguson.
Hodgson saw it differently. "I prefer to talk about the game and talk about issues that interest me," he added.
"Sir Alex is entitled to any opinion he wants to have but I'm not going to come here and say I agree or disagree.
"I thought the referee refereed the game very well and I have a very ambivalent attitude to those type of things.
"I am not a great lover of red cards for petty offences. Alex is a lot closer to it where he sits but my first thought when it happened was 'this is a foul' but I didn't think he should have been sent off.
"My staff around me jumped about saying he should have been sent off but I took a much calmer attitude towards it.
"As it turned out we got the goal anyway and that should have been the goal which got us a good and maybe deserved point.
"But we defended poorlyfive or six minutes from the end at a cross which we should have done much better on.
"In my opinion it would be churlish to talk about whether a player should be sent off when really our downfall was due to the fact we should have defended much better for that third goal.
"The first was a wonderful header and the second a bit of genius which is difficult to defend against but the third was far too routine.
"Having got back to 2-2 we should have kept that."
Ferguson glossed over the defensive frailties his side showed for the third league match running, after conceding late goals in draws at Fulham and Everton, to claim United should have been out of sight before Liverpool launched their comeback.
"From thinking to myself 'it's going to be 10' we ended up at 2-2," said the Scot.
"It was a travesty of a scoreline then - but a great result at the end."
Hodgson again disagreed, saying: "I thought United played well but to undermine our performance is a little bit harsh."Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick 501899_33_preview
Back to top Go down

Berbatov unfazed by historic hat-trick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nepalese fans of Manchester United F.C. :: Football Discussion Forum :: Man Utd Chat-
Jump to: