Nepalese fans of Manchester United F.C.
!!!! Please Join !!!!! Join!!!!!
!!!!!Glory Glory Man United!!!!!
Share, read, post all the news of MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!
RED DEVILS
!!!! Please Join !!!!! Join!!!!!
!!!!!Glory Glory Man United!!!!!
Share, read, post all the news of MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!
RED DEVILS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Run After Glory, We Walk With Glory! We Aren't Proud Of Our Achievement, Achievement Is Our Pride! We Are United.. United For Manchester United... We Are Red Devils!!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolves 2-1 Manchester United
MANCHESTER UTD Vs MANCHESTER CITY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bet & Win Competition Bet & Win Competition COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poll
Who should be regular keeper after VDS retires?
Kuschzack
2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_lcap17%2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Amos
2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_lcap0%2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lindegaard
2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_lcap33%2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Other Siginings(Mention it )
2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_lcap50%2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6
T-Shirt
2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles Untitl14
Ads

2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aj_zone
Admin
Admin
aj_zone

2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles Empty
PostSubject: 2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles   2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:49 pm

2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles 478889_33_preview
The FA Community Shield - the Barclays Premier League curtain raiser - is back on Sunday with familiar foes Manchester United taking on Chelsea.
The contest traditionally features the Premier League winners playing the FA Cup holders but because Chelsea did the double last season, league runners-up Manchester United get first crack at the champions.
Carlo Ancelotti's men go into this game as slight favourites on the back of last season's performances. The Red Devils lost the last Community Shield to Chelsea 4-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in normal time.
Espnstar.com takes you through this year's key Community Shield battles.
Rooney v Terry
Manchester United's star striker Wayne Rooney is almost certain to start after only returning to training a week ago. Lambasted for his England performances at the World Cup, Rooney has also been making all the wrong headlines leading up to Sunday's showdown. Something's got to give. Expect Rooney to be in a mean mood and that could mean problems for a Chelsea defence which has been leaking goals pre-season.
John Terry will pair-up with Branislav Ivanovic in the centre of defence to protect Ross Turnbull who should get the nod ahead of Hilario. Terry, Turnbull, and Hilario have all been culpable during Chelsea's poor pre-season run, but it will be the responsibility of the former England captain to step up for his side in a bid to stop United going forward.
Fletcher v Essien
Manchester United looked a bit lightweight in central midfield last season and not much has changed since then. United are still too reliant on Darren Fletcher. A fit again Michael Essien for Chelsea will be more than a challenge for the Scot whose attention will be distracted by the presence of goal-machine Frank Lampard as well as the Blues' new threat Yossi Benayoun - a player who, according to Carlo Ancelotti, is cleverer than Joe Cole.
Anelka / Drogba v Evans / Smalling
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is expected to name a starting line-up similar to the one which recently lost against Hamburg in a friendly. This means, Nicolas Anelka is up front as the lone striker supported by the attacking trio of Frank Lampard, Florent Malouda and Yossi Benayoun. Didier Drogba will feature at some stage to get his match fitness on track for the upcoming season.
The stats suggest that a hatful of goals is unlikely and it should be a close affair on Sunday but with no Rio Ferdinand to partner Nemanja Vidic, Sir Alex Ferguson has to rely on less established stars like Jonny Evans and new signing Chris Smalling to fill the void.
Sir Alex Ferguson v Carlo Ancelotti
Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti go head-to-head again with the Italian clearly holding the upper hand. Ancelotti beat the United boss in both Premier League fixtures last season and also had a very good record against the Red Devils during his AC Milan days.
Ultimately, both managers will chop and change personnel throughout the match to give players a last chance workout before the new season gets underway, and this will have a bearing on the ebb and flow of the match and how much attacking ambition the teams will show.
The trend over the last few years has been for penalty shootouts to decide the winner and it looks possible again this year. However, there is a real buzz in the United camp surrounding new Mexican striker Javier Hernandez and he might prove to be the ace up Ferguson's sleeve as he looks to finally put one over on Ancelotti.
Back to top Go down
d'pes
Youth Team
Youth Team

PostSubject: Re: 2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles   2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:39 pm

SAF vs Ancelotti is not a comparison at all......"kaha hira (diamond) kaha jhusilkira"....lol
Back to top Go down
Christiano Subash
Youth Team
Youth Team

PostSubject: Re: 2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles   2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 pm

we must win against chelsea!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles   2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010/11 Community Shield: Key Battles
Page 1 of 1